KYBELLA: THE LATEST NONSURGICAL COSMETIC TREATMENT TARGETING SUBMENTAL FAT
Kybella is the latest nonsurgical cosmetic treatment to hit the market. Kybella is a FDA approved prescription medicine used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin The active ingredient in Kybell, deoxycholic acid, is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella causes the destruction of fat cells. The body then naturally eliminates the fat cells slowly over a few weeks. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
With our goal of providing the best non-invasive cosmetic to our patients, our list of services here at Francine Queen of Threads now also includes the revolutionary Kybella.
TAILORED TREATMENT PLAN
During your first consultation, our professional staff doctor will evaluate the condition of your submental fat and develop a treatment plan for its effective removal. Repeated Kybella treatments may be required to reach your treatment goal. Most patients require 2-4 treatments, but some may require up to 6 treatments with each treatment given one month apart. After 2 to 4 sessions, you will notice visible results.
As of yet, there are no conclusive studies to show that Kybella is safe for use in other parts of the body or that it is safe for children under the age of 18
Additionally, Francine Queen of Threads reminds patients looking to benefit from this injectable treatment that Kybella is a prescription medication which means that you should only get it from a licensed professional staff.
During consultation, talk to your doctor about:
- Any health issues you may have and all medications that you take
- OTC medicines (including vitamins and supplements) that you regularly take
- Recent or planned cosmetic treatment on the face, chin or neck
- History of enlarged thyroid, thyroid cancer, medical conditions affecting the neck,
- Trouble swallowing
- Bleeding problems
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant in the near future, or
- Current infection in the treatment area
- Liver disease
Side effects that a patient may experience include the following:
- Swelling, bruising, redness
- Numbness or tingling or itching in the treatment area
- Areas of hardness or ulceration in the treatment area
- Temporary or permanent loss of hair at injection sites
- Less common side effects may include temporary nerve injury causing uneven smile, facial weakness or trouble swallowing
Side effects may vary from patient to patient, and they may not appear at all. We encourage you to schedule an appointment with Francine Queen of Threads to further discuss Kybella and its side effects as well as your treatment goals. You may reach us at 949-760-1985 or you may also send us an email at Info@LiveGorgeousOC.com.